The growth of distance education is increasing the demand for validated tests monitored by proctors. This is a service that is beneficial for our institution and the community. However, to maintain the highest level of integrity, it is important that the following guidelines be met.
- Test can be scheduled by contacting the library desk at FHTC- 620.341.1323 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tests must be scheduled a minimum of three business days in advance
- Exams may only be proctored during the set testing center hours provided by the institution. Currently: Tuesdays from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m./ 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- It is the responsibility of the student to schedule the test with enough time to complete (or the specified time requirements) within the open testing center hours.
- Students must verify that the issuing institution has (a) approved FHTC as an official test proctoring site and (b) provided any test materials or verifications standards in advance of the testing date
- FHTC must be notified by the issuing institution that originated the testing materials of any accommodations that should be provided to a student based on their documentation on file before the test date.
Eligibility, Identification, Testing Materials Provided
- Photo ID is required for verification of the student scheduled to be proctored
- Printed testing materials must be received from the issuing institution at least one business day in advance. If mailed: Attn: Library Proctor at FHTC, 3301 West 18th Avenue, Emporia, Ks 66801. If Faxed: Attn: Library Proctor at FHTC, 620-343-4610
- Instructions, requirements, accommodations and other pertinent information from the issuing institution must be received at least one business day before the test.
Returning Test Materials and Fees
- There is a proctoring fee of $10 per exam that must be paid in advance of the test (cash, credit or debit card only).
- If the testing material must be returned by mail, the student must provide a clearly addressed and postage paid envelope (if not already provided by the issuing institution).
- Online Tests and computer use are covered under standard proctoring fee
- Original printed copies of completed (or uncompleted) exams will be stored for 30 days from scheduled exam date. If the original copy is not requested (with postage paid envelope) to be returned to the issuing institution within that time frame, it will be destroyed.
- Cell phone use during exams is prohibited
- Proctored exams may be written or online. If the exam is taken online, the student must agree to the Library’s Internet Use policies. If a student is under 18, this agreement will require parental permission to use the Internet.
- FHTC is not responsible for any testing materials once they have been submitted electronically, mailed, faxed or destroyed; as per policies stated above.